TOOL AND DIE FINISHERS / POLISHERS
SHOP GROWTH! – TOOL AND DIE FINISHERS / POLISHERS NEEDED!
Wolverine Carbide and Tool is interviewing skilled Tool and Die Finishers / Polishers who have prior experience applying precise finishes on tooling used in the metal forming industry.
This position represents an opportunity to service the tooling needs of a reputable and growing list of customers, and offers a long-term career path within a stable organization. Wolverine maintains a clean, climate-controlled work environment, competitive wages, many benefits and opportunity for career growth.
- Analyze blueprints, and understand and apply surface finish requirements to tooling
- Polish ID and OD features of dies to meet specified sizes, angles, and surface finish requirements
- Use hand laps or various die polishing machines, tools, and diamond cutting pastes to achieve requirements
- Lap die surfaces to specified dimensions as it revolves in lapping machine or on bench lathe, using cotton swabs and progressively finer diamond pastes
- Inspect and verify dimensions and smoothness of finish of each work piece for conformance to specifications using industry standard measuring instruments
- Hold tolerances of plus or minus 0.0001"
- Previous experience and a good understanding of applying finishes to tools and dies using hand polishing techniques as well as small, precision polishing lathes
- Favorable background check, drug test and physical
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunity for Overtime
- Substantial Shift Premiums
- Rewarding Performance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance Plans
- Employer Sponsored 401(k) Plan
- Company Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid On-The-Job Training
About the Company:
Wolverine Carbide and Tool is proud of its 50 year track record servicing the carbide and steel tooling needs of the metal forming industry. Wolverine Carbide’s reputation as a premier manufacturer of high-precision tools and dies continues to be built on the company’s relentless commitment to exceptional quality and delivery, personalized customer service, and value. Prototype and production tooling manufactured by Wolverine Carbide is used in an array of industries and can be found in world class production facilities around the globe.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Tool and Die: 1 year